You have certainly heard about the powers of sea salt and are maybe even using some regularly in your cooking. I have written about why it’s best to choose a colored sea salt over regular iodized table salt here.
While I do use pink sea salt in my cooking on a daily basis I also drink a salt water solution called sole every morning. Let me explain…
What is sole?
The word sole is derived from the Latin word for sun “sol.” Sole means “liquid sunlight” or “liquid light energy.” Essentially, sole is water that has been fully saturated with natural crystal salt. Salt does not indefinitely continue to dissolve in water. When it reaches 26% salinity the water has been fully saturated and cannot absorb any more of the salt.
How is sole helpful for the body?
Natural crystal sea salt contains all the minerals and trace elements of which the human body is made – over 80 in all!. Drinking sole provides the body with these minerals and some of the following health benefits:
- Flushes heavy metals from the body such as mercury, lead, arsenic and amalgam
- Rebalances pH levels in the body
- Improves overall mineral status in the body
- Can reduce muscle cramps through the introduction of minerals like magnesium and potassium
- Can dissolve and eliminate sediments which lead to stones and various forms of rheumatism like arthritis and kidney and gall bladder stones
- Stimulates and aids in proper digestion and food assimilation
- Helps balance blood pressure. It can reduce high blood pressure and raise low blood pressure because of it’s ability to restore balance in the body
- Improve skin conditions such as acne and psoriasis
- Reduce and eliminate sugar addiction and other addictions
According to Water & Salt The Essence of Life “People with rheumatic illnesses such as gout, arthritis, or rheumatoid arthritis, having already developed deposits in their joints, should regularly drink sole to keep the body within the frequency pattern. This will result in the body slowly breaking down the deposits, metabolizing and releasing them.”
How to make sole
Essentially, drinking sole is a powerful but easy way to gently cleanse the body on a daily basis. I have always had a hard time remembering to take supplements regularly. But, drinking my sole every morning has been very easy and been a regular practice for me for almost 2 years.
Here is how to make sole:
- Fill a glass jar or container about 1/4 of the way with several crystal salt stones or pink sea salt. Cover the salt with clean, pure water. If you aren’t sure about the quality of your sink water buy a bottle of FIJI water just for this purpose. Cover the container with a plastic lid. Don’t use metal as it will corrode.
- After about 2 hours check the salt to see if it has dissolved. If it has then add more salt. Keep doing this until the water can no longer dissolve any more salt. At this point the water has reached a 26% salt saturation level (26 parts salt to 100 parts water). Now you have sole!
- As you use your sole be sure that there is always salt in the water to keep the 26% salt saturation level constant. You can always add more water as the water level begins to drop.
How to use your sole
Using sole couldn’t be easier. Here’s how I do it:
- Your sole can be stored anywhere. I keep mine on the kitchen counter which helps me remember to take it. But, the bathroom would also work. Anywhere you’ll remember to take it everyday. It will keep indefinitely since salt is naturally antifungal and antibacterial.
- Do this first thing in the morning before eating or drinking anything. I use this as my morning hydration.
- Fill a glass with about 1 cup of room temperature. Add 1 teaspoon of the sole mix and drink up!
- If it’s too salty or strong at first then add half the amount of sole and work your way up.
Sole side effects
Because sole is a means of cleansing the body you may have some side effects at first. I personally didn’t experience any side effects that I can remember. Loose stools can happen because the salt can promote digestion. If this happens then start slowly.
According to Salt & Water The Essence of Life,
….salt supports the expression of symptoms….This process oftentimes results in an initial aggravation of the symptoms, as with homeopathy.” In reference to kidney and gallbladder stones the author notes, “the passing of the loosened, dissolved stones can be painful but the body will have managed the process on its own, without surgery.”
Where to buy sea salt or crystal salt
I originally bought my crystal salt rocks in May, 2013 and am just now about to order another box (a year and half later!). This is one of the most affordable and approachable things you can do for your health on a daily basis.